sei.eco is a vertical portal whose goal is to become a reference in socio-ecological innovation, in the form of a complete marketplace and offering a distributed social learning environment on this subject.
It will offer:
- tools for management, PR, registering and billing for local initiatives (autonomous schools, independent spaces, small producers, eco-villages, collectives);
- learning itineraries both face-to-face and online for people and groups interested in learning about socio-ecological innovation;
- qualified and relevant information on themes related to socio-ecological innovation.
- Individuals and groups interested in learning and applying sustainable, abundant and regenerative practices in diverse fields: construction, food, mobility, commerce, health, education, expression, convivence, among others;
- Businesses and institutions interested in associating their brands and projects to solutions to socio-environmental issues;
- Collectives and businesses offering services and products related to socio-ecological innovation: courses and immersions, tools and equipment, consultancies, materials and ingredients, among others;
- NGOs, schools and universities seeking inspiration, vocabulary and innovative tools for transforming and developing their own surroundings.
sei.eco was conceived in Ubatuba, a brazilian hub of socio-ecological innovation. It has been sewing an inter-institutional web of partnerships with public, private, nonprofit and academic sectors. Through UbaLab, it is connected to an international network of groups and organizations dedicated to initiatives of socio-ecological innovation and themes alike. It is one of the projects affiliated to inc.ubalab collaborative incubator, created by the end of the Ciência Aberta Ubatuba project.
- Maira Begalli. PR, content. PhD in Territorial Planning and Management. Partner at Gypsylab 8.
- Juan Prada. Content, curatorship. Environmental Manager. Head of C-Pisa.
- Thiago Fernandes. Business. Analyst and entrepreneur.
- Presentation of sei.eco (pt-br)
- Itinerários, free/open source software for distributed social learning (pt-br).
- Help us develop sei.eco (pt-br).
- RoadMap (pt-br).
Horizon: Distributed learning about socio-ecological innovation
All the reflexive and concrete initiatives oriented towards creating a better world. They operate particularly well in a molecular level - communities, neighbourhoods, streets. Read more about this perspective here or watch this lecture by John Thackara, Thinking like a forest:
Distributed Social Learning
The perspective of distributed social learning proposes that people learn from each other, instead of submitting to the authority of someone that would decide what and how they will learn. It understands the huge diversity of resources available on the internet as an universal repository of human knowledge, and creates tools to discover, organize and filter materials by their relevance, legitimacy and adequacy to the interest of each one.
As an environment of distributed learning, instead of “courses” sei.eco will allow the creation of learning “itineraries” - like thematic playlists that organize any given educational object found on the internet, together with metadata and comments from the users themselvez, and can be freely shared and remixed. It will have also an active curatorship of learning objects, validated by people experienced on the themes touched. It will be developed with free/open source software and agile and open methodologies.
Images on this page
All the images on this page were published in Flickr with CC licenses. To know the credits of each one, just click them. The ones without a link are our own.